BMAG® External Social Media Guidelines
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group (BMAG®), as a participant in social media, understands that two-way dialog is an essential part of communication in this medium. As an active participate, we have guidelines that we expect all parties to follow:
- Language and manners – BMAG requires that all language be family-friendly and free of obscenities, offensive or hateful language. Questionable content and photos will be removed.
- On-topic comments – Please keep responses and comments related to the topic posted, or related industry information.
- SPAM – Will be removed/deleted without warning.
- Solicitation – We do not allow solicitation. Product pitches, advertisements, or other third party posts will be removed.
- Blocking – If we see inappropriate or offensive material, the responsible party will be warned with a message and the material will be removed. If he/she continues to post inappropriate material, we have the right to block that user.
Standards of Practice
- Timeliness – BMAG tweets/posts during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Honesty and accuracy – We make every effort to post accurate information; if you believe we have posted something in error, please notify us and we will make necessary corrections.
- Confidentiality – Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group respects your privacy. Please do not share your personal information on social sites. If you have a question about your policy or claim please contact us directly. We will not discuss personal or confidential information via our social media channels.
- Disclosure – When communicating via social media, any employee who communicates on behalf of the company will disclose who they are, who they work for, and any other relevant affiliations.