Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group | a W. R. Berkley Company
Business Analyst – Core Systems
Glen Allen, VA
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group (BMAG) is a property & casualty insurance carrier serving the Mid-Atlantic, a member of W.R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: WRB), one of the largest property casualty insurance holding companies in the United States. We are backed by the strength of a large fortune 500 corporation and operate with the closeness and flexibility of a small company. We exclusively work with select independent agents to insure the future of business.
Our leadership encourages a culture that empowers employees to question the status quo and seek innovative ways to continue to exceed the expectations of our customers. We believe our strength comes from building an exceptional team that embraces collaboration, growth and ownership. We currently have an opening for a Business Analyst – Core Systems in our Richmond, VA office. If you share our vision and want to work for an organization that values your contributions, we want to hear from you.
Coordinate with business users, IT project management, and Development personnel to elicit business requirements for IT initiatives involving core policy production, workflow, and integrated transactional systems.
· Document requirements using BRD and Use Case/User Story formats.
· Manage business owner/user relationships and product development/support expectations through steering group and project/product status meetings.
· Assist business stakeholders with technical needs/decisions by providing them with technical and analytical consultation and support.
· Manage inbound work requests and perform initial analysis of request size/complexity and prepare initial work effort and schedule estimates.
· Coordinate and lead projects for core system enhancements and system maintenance updates.
· Coordinate cross-functional task/project completion with other company IT teams/team members, corporate systems teams, and other corporate regional segment company representatives/groups.
· Assist in compiling system and/or project-specific status reporting.
· Provide support, analysis, and resolution for production system issues.
· Coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT), including: UAT test case analysis; creation; execution; management, and reporting.
· Produce documentation suitable for internal and external audit committees, including S-Ox audits.
· Act as liaison with internal and external vendor resources.
· Leverage lean/agile principles/frameworks to manage project teams, priorities, and deliverables.
· Provide system documentation and end-user training.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Core Systems.
· Must be self-motivated and willing to take initiative in all assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Must possess strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work and interact with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to act decisively to address and resolve system issues.
- Able to organize and manage user/steering group meetings.
- Demonstrable project leadership experience is required.
- Proven systems testing experience.
- Technically proficient with the MS Office 2013 suite of applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
- Experience conducting user training sessions.
- Must be able to create and maintain system and workflow process documentation
- Working knowledge of and demonstrable working experience with commercial property casualty insurance principles, products, and workflows with emphasis in underwriting, policy production, and agency-facing technology.
- Technical proficiency with MS Visio, advanced MS Excel functionality, Atlassian Jira.
- Experience and functional knowledge of the SQL language, relational data concepts/theories, and relational databases.
- Ability to create reports using a variety of data querying tools.
- Experience with agile development frameworks and processes.
- Experience with automated testing solutions.
- Occasional local and interstate travel is anticipated for this position and should not exceed 25%.
· Bachelor’s Degree or three plus years of commensurate experience in a business or systems analyst role